Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

apt-build and gcc issue

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
WizardNoNext

apt-build and gcc issue

#1 Post by WizardNoNext »

I have one big problem. I do not know how to build gcc using apt-build.
I tried almost allthing, but still I can not build gcc.
The problem is not in building time, but I just do not know what I must tell to apt-build. I builded a lot of packages using apt-build, but still I can get building gcc (doesn't matter 3.3, 3.4, 4.1). If someone knows what I must tell to apt-build I will be happy.

I asking, because I building new distro, builded around Debian sources. This will have big optimalizations, so will be very fast (I have already glibc and some base-system related packages).

Telemachus

#2 Post by Telemachus »

I'm having a vague chicken-egg issue here: you must have some version of gcc already if you have used apt-build at all, no? What exact error messages are you getting. Also, building a system inside a system gets a bit complex if you want the new toolchain to be "pure" of the old, non-optimized system. You might spend a little time reading through the Linux-From-Scratch book: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/read.html

WizardNoNext

#3 Post by WizardNoNext »

Unable to find source information for gcc at /usr/bin/apt-build line 482.

I tryied a lot of option like {gcc-4.1,4.1.1.ds2-21}, {gcc-4.1,4.1.1.ds2}
and many many others.
So I using command line like 'apt-build --rebuild --reinstall install {gcc-4.1,4.1.1.ds-21}'.