Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mozilla and Bookmarks

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
paulados

Mozilla and Bookmarks

#1 Post by paulados »

Hello everybody,
I have a problem I don't know how to solve, and it's this. I'm using mozilla 1.7.2. under knoppix 3.6, and the problem I have is that when I try to save the bookmarks as an HTML file nothing
happens.
I do the next steps:
1) Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks on mozilla
2) Tools - Export on Bookmarks Manager
3) I select the fiile and save

But when I look for the file, there's no file. Nothing has been saved. I would like to get the bookmarks, as I have a lot of them.
If there's no way to get the in html format, it doesn't mind my, but I would like to have them. If anyone knows the system file that has this information and how to extract it, I'll do it, but I want to have a copy of this bookmarks.

Thanks in advance,
Paulados.

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#2 Post by domecq »

This shouldn't be this hard since mozilla is supposed to prompt you to save a file that it already names by default as bookmarks.html in your home directory which is also chosen by default.

Did you check what you have in your "/home/(user)" directory?

paulados

Mozilla and Bookmarks

#3 Post by paulados »

Yes, of course that I have seen my home, and the file bookmarks.html isn't there, If look it up on all the hardDisk, and I haven't found it. Mozilla doesn't create the file bookmarks.html and I don't know why, perhaps I didn't explain it correctly, but that's exactly the problem.

Paulados.

Demetrius

#4 Post by Demetrius »

You should be able to just copy your bookmarks.html file directly from the .mozilla folder in your home directory. In Firefox the file is located at ~/.mozilla/firefox/userprofilenumber/bookmarks.html. For the Mozilla Suite it would most likely be in ~/.mozilla/mozilla/userprofilenumber/bookmarks.html.

I haven't used the full Mozilla Suite in quite some time (been using Firefox since somewhere around version 0.6), but the suite should work the same as the standalone browser, I would assume.

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#5 Post by domecq »

Yes, of course that I have seen my home, and the file bookmarks.html isn't there, If look it up on all the hardDisk, and I haven't found it. Mozilla doesn't create the file bookmarks.html and I don't know why, perhaps I didn't explain it correctly, but that's exactly the problem.
When you are prompted to save your bookmarks file, what's the directory shown in the dialog window prompted to you by mozilla?