Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Iceweasel 3

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Jimmy Johnson

Iceweasel 3

#1 Post by Jimmy Johnson »

Due to the way cookie handling is broken in Iceweasel 2 it wold be real nice if Iceweasel 3 could moved to stable or at least to testing.
Regard,
Jimmy Johnson
Registered Linux User #380263
Registered Linux Computer #279395
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

Jackiebrown

#2 Post by Jackiebrown »

No problem

Telemachus

#3 Post by Telemachus »

C'mon Jackie, don't go hogging the credit. You know I already did it yesterday.

@ Jimmy Johnson: More seriously, you have two problems. First, this is primarily a user board . Some developers visit, but this is not where you want to file "official" requests for anything. Second, not much except security upgrades is likely to get into Stable at this point. Stable gets regular security upgrades plus what are called "point upgrades" which can involve broader changes. But I doubt Iceweasel 3 will make it even into a point upgrade, especially now that Lenny is headed for its pre-release freeze. Bottom line: put your hopes on Lenny, and in the future if you want to file a "wishlist" bug or the like, do it at Debian's home page.
"We have not been faced with the need to satisfy someone else's requirements, and for this freedom we are grateful."
Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, The UNIX Time-Sharing System

Azdo

#4 Post by Azdo »

Surprise!! Iceweasel 3 is available on Lenny now!! I'm posting with it :D

P.S.: BTW, and SVN 1.5 with its new branch merging system. Wow, today updates were really cool! Are we celebrating anything?

Arthur Archnix

#5 Post by Arthur Archnix »

YESSS! I read your post then did a quick update. Woo-hhoo. Just installed the windows version on my girlfriends pc today and was worried about our bookmarks.

Thanks JackieBrown. It looks like you were just waiting to be asked nicely. :wink:

Growlboy

#6 Post by Growlboy »

Swiftweasel = Iceweasel ?

rickh

#7 Post by rickh »

Growlboy wrote:Swiftweasel = Iceweasel ?
No. Iceweasel is free ... Swiftweasel is not.
Debian-Lenny/Sid 32/64
Desktop: Generic Core 2 Duo, EVGA 680i, Nvidia
Laptop: Generic Intel SIS/AC97