Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing debian4 on dell inspiron1520

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
maemouser

Installing debian4 on dell inspiron1520

#1 Post by maemouser »

Hi friends,
Now i am trying to install debian4 on dell inspiron, But it shows fatal error like NO SCREENS FOUND. If any one know this kindly reply me.

Regards
Nithi.

Absent Minded

#2 Post by Absent Minded »

Try going through the install in text mode. Then after your system is installed try to run x again. it should work, but if not report back and fill us in on what the error is.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012

jirka

#3 Post by jirka »

You should write here your graphics card type. Here is a simple howto for ATI card.
Install module-assistant, then run it and choose prepare, this will install packages for kernel module compilation.
Now you have prepared your system for module compilation. Download latest driver for your card and install it.
Then search for tool for creating xorg.conf, I think it is called aticonfig. Generate a new xorg.conf, check if module fglrx is loaded into kernel and restart x server.