Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ndiswrapper again

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Andruk Tatum

ndiswrapper again

#1 Post by Andruk Tatum »

hey guys...

im trying to hook up my wireless card. its a D-Link G510 card, I think it's Rev. B, I need to still check that. But, for this thread, assume it is Rev. B.

So, i install ndiswrapper just fine, and read a few howtos, and try it for myself, and whever i try to install the NetA3AB.inf files from the 2.11 drivers for 98 and the 2.11 drivers for XP, i still get the same msg:

Code: Select all

Installed ndis drivers:
neta3ab invalid driver!
So, my kernel is 2.6.8-2-386, i am using ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.8-2-386, and ndiswrapper-tools. I have also installed wireless-tools, too.

I've probably read the howtos and FAQs that you guys will tell me to read, but tell me to read them anyway, maybe there's something i missed. let me know if you guys need more information.
"Resistance against tyranny is obedience to God"
-Harriet Tubman

That's why I'm using Debian.

Andruk Tatum

hello?

#2 Post by Andruk Tatum »

*bump*
-Harriet Tubman

Andruk Tatum

What files...?

#3 Post by Andruk Tatum »

I just need the inf file, right? I mean, what would I do with the sys files, cat files, and dl files, right?

I am so confused as what drivers to use....
-Harriet Tubman