Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Suggestion: replace ivman with halevt

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Gullible Jones

Suggestion: replace ivman with halevt

#1 Post by Gullible Jones »

ivman currently has no maintainer, and has some ugly bugs in it, e.g. race conditions. I'm not sure about the status of halevt with regard to bugs, but it is still under development, and it is based on ivman - perhap it should replace ivman in Debian sid?

RoyFokker

#2 Post by RoyFokker »

What about autofs? I tried to use it, but it looked another wonderful linux moment of needing to spend hours to configure something to a workable level, since debian did not have a default configuration for it unlike ivman(which I am currently using).

Anyway the situation is so confusing with so many different tools replicating the ability to automount. For a while I used usbmount to automatically mount my usb sticks but it was buggy as hell. Whenever I had to copy large files often it would shift the mount point from /media/usb/ to media/usb0/ making the write fail.