Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Permanent virtual desktops change

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
max

Permanent virtual desktops change

#1 Post by max »

Hi to all!
Actually I'm running debian 3.1 on some computers, and not needing four virtual desktops on each I've setted them to 2. But while somes keep this change also after the reboot, others turn back to four vitual desktops when rebooted.
Any suggest on how to make this change permanent for those reluctants? :D

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#2 Post by domecq »

Try to save your Gnome/KDE session before logout your session or before reboot your computer.

max

#3 Post by max »

Thanks for the hint. Sorry I've forgot to mention that I was talking about KDE.
But...how to 'save the session'? I've setted the session manager to start with the 'empty session'.
Maybe editing by hand a config file can do the job?

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

KDE Control Centre

#4 Post by domecq »

It's been a long time I don't use KDE but I recall of an option somewhere in its Control Centre that prompts to save the session.

max

#5 Post by max »

I've fixed the issue! :D
I've had also the same problem when I've putted the konsole icon on the toolbar and tried to replace the pronged route with the konsole proper icon, and after rebooting the change was never keeped. The solution? Not just reboot, but 'logout' before!
I've noticed that logging out and log-in again the changes was already there, and after reboot..also! 8)

PS:sorry about my crappy english, it's not my first language :oops: