Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What's the smallest Debian based distribution that has GNOME

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
dede

#41 Post by dede »

Sorry, I've never ran into VMware, Qemu or any other emulator.

Debris was mentioned because answers the topic and is not obsolete.

Everything else on my post are suggestions that in one or another way are reasonable possibilities that don't require program knowledge.

Panarchy

#42 Post by Panarchy »

Thanks.

Hmm... well in that case, has anyone [here] successfully install Debris Linux on there hard-drive?

As I have some spare space on one of my SATA hard-drives, and would be willing to append one of my partitions for Debris (although I would much prefer using a virtualisation program)

Please reply

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

PS: If anyone has made a virtual image of Debris, could you please 'share' it with me? Thanks!

Soul Singin'

#43 Post by Soul Singin' »

Panarchy wrote:If you'd recommend me some way to install it, I'd appreciate it (or a premade VMware image).
Panarchy wrote:PS: If anyone has made a virtual image of Debris, could you please 'share' it with me? Thanks!
So you're looking for a free ride again?

Why don't you read some books on GNU/Linux and learn how to do these things for yourself? Then you wouldn't have to beg other people to do the hard work for you.

Panarchy

#44 Post by Panarchy »

Hi Guys

Later today I will be releasing my distribution (finally).

This will be version 1.

Next release won't be for a while, as I will be building it from Debris, and I have a lot of stuff on.

Please give my distribution a go,

Panarchy
http://panarchy.wordpress.com

Soul Singin'

#45 Post by Soul Singin' »

Panarchy wrote:Please give my distribution a go,
Panarchy wrote:Next release will;
  • Have all programs run as root

No, thank you. I'll pass.