Enlightenment DR17

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

Postby Bro.Tiag » 2009-01-26 14:14

teliparas wrote:hi
i m from greece ( the encooding for greece is iso-8958-7 )
as you can understand my locales enconding isn't too popular

is it posible to give some instraction (prefered a how to ) how to recompile my favorite theme with ttf (eg like dejavu)

To re-build a theme you first have to unpack it. Change to the directory where the theme is and unpack it with;
Code: Select all
edje_decc <name_of_the_theme_to_unpack>.edj

This should unpack the theme in a directory of the theme name. Make a backup copy of the theme you are working on and then cd into the new theme directory. Copy the fonts you want to use into this new working theme directory. Now, this is where & why a more in depth How To of course is needed, yet most themes are not standardized, ergo their realy is non. Anyhow, you should see a bunch of *.edc files. Find the one that is only <the_name_of_the_theme>.edc and open it with a text editor. Search for something like this;
fonts {
   font: "./fonts/Vera.ttf"   "Edje-Vera";
   font: "./fonts/VeraBd.ttf" "Edje-Vera-Bold";
}

Edit with the font you want to use, save & close. Next it's tome to re-build, from within the working directory issue the following command;
./build.sh

This will build a new <name_of_the_theme>.edj, copy it to your theme directory and try it out.

teliparas wrote:moreover
i think it could be a good idea an advanced member to instuct as how to convert our favorites wallpapers to wallpaper.edj files and share it :D

One can use the e17seroot command to do this, but it's just as easy to open the Wallpaper dialog box, select the picture button, then search for the picture you want to use, select it, hit OK & then Apply.

Cheers
Bro.Tiag

Postby teliparas » 2009-02-01 15:48

thanks
it just works perfect
alreday i have done my own wallpapers
now i m trying to make my own theme
if i manage to make something good i will post back :D :D
teliparas

Postby Bro.Tiag » 2009-02-01 18:13

teliparas wrote:thanks
it just works perfect
alreday i have done my own wallpapers
now i m trying to make my own theme
if i manage to make something good i will post back :D :D

Here is a bit more in depth description for making themes in e17, HowTo easily make or change an e17 theme. There is a lot of additional info on making themes over to OzOs, but it's spread all over the place. Better off asking a specific question in their forums to get an answer. It's not an easy task per se ( especially when one is not very artistic as my self ). Here is a link to some themes I've made in the past, my themes. I look foward to seeing your theme, do at least post a screen shot.

Cheers
Bro.Tiag

Previous

Return to Desktop & Multimedia