Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ISO Images on CD

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
JayDee

ISO Images on CD

#1 Post by JayDee »

Can anyone help a newbie. What does it take to get a verifiable ISO CD.

I hve used JIGD several time to download binary 1. It reports the image as good.

Copied to CD with NERO using ISO image et al. done at several speeds after reading other forums

Integrity check fails Mainly ./pool/main/o/openssl10.9.7_0.9.7e-sarge1_i386.deb. MD5 checksum verification. On 2 different disks. After 86% of check done. How close was I!!!!!

./pool/main/i/intltool-debian/intltool-debian_0.30+20040213_all.deb is another one seen twice

H E L P

Fails at different points when recorded at different speeds??????

ajdlinux

#2 Post by ajdlinux »

Burn it at maybe 12x or lower - burn it at least one speed lower than your burner and disc can support, i.e. if you have a 24x burner and a 16x disc, burn it at 12x.

JayDee

ISO Images on CD

#3 Post by JayDee »

Thanks, but I have tried at speeds down to x4 and the recording failed at differnt points ???

Is there a way to break down the install or could I start with the minimal install and then 'GET' the failing files ????

ajdlinux

#4 Post by ajdlinux »

If you have a broadband internet connection you can do an internet install - download the netinst images from cdimage.debian.org and try those.

brian

#5 Post by brian »

one other thing to try..... don't use cheap cd's. I had this same problem that went away just by using a higher quality cd.
Brian

A true friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

JayDee

ISO Images on CD

#6 Post by JayDee »

Thanks guys.

I will try both approaches this evening.

Anything to get me up and running

Never say die

JayDee

ISO Images on CD

#7 Post by JayDee »

:D Success

I used the netinst and the CD verified OK this time. (Even the libssl0.9.7 !!

I suppose there was less to go wrong.

Next I have to do base-config so I might need some more help !!!!

Thanks again for your help