Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

DTP

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Dimple

DTP

#1 Post by Dimple »

I'm seriously concidering of getting rid of my win-partition but there are some programs I realy need. One of them is ms-publisher. Not that I realy need to have publisher but I need a DTP application for writing documentation.

When search the internet I can't get a clear answer on the question: "what program can I use for doing some light DTP work on linux?"

Can somebody recommend an application?

MarkvD

#2 Post by MarkvD »

Sorry for this late reply.

Linux doesn't have a prof. DTP package yet.
But the application to check is Sodipodi
The last time I tried it (about 6 months ago) it was not stable enough for me, but I have read some good things about it in the time.

#3 Post by Guest »

I use Sodipodi for quite some time now to do light DTP, and I haven't noticed its unstability.
It works just fine for me

Rambo

#4 Post by Rambo »

I recomment Scribus.

Greetz

Rips23

#5 Post by Rips23 »

Sodipodi is a vector drawing program. It could be used for DTP but the real DTP program for linux is Scribus.

Scribus hat a slow start but it is really developing to a mature DTP package now.