Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

debian + pfsense + VMware

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
RandomZero

debian + pfsense + VMware

#1 Post by RandomZero »

First off, with VMWare, I was under the impression that it would still work as an actual router. Is this correct? If not, then that solves everything.

Anyway, I have a PFsense set up in VMWare on a Debian box. Still working on getting debian fully configured, but that's another story.
So I install PFSense. It boots fine in VMWare, but that's where the problems start.

I've got 3 NICs. One onboard ethernet (eth0), one PCI-E ethernet (eth1) , and one PCI wireless (eth2).
Eth0 is currently set as WAN, and it works (IP being reported is 192.168.1.2, which is assigned by an actual router).
Eth1 is set to 10.0.0.1, dhcp enabled, starting address 10.0.0.2, ending address 10.0.0.9.
Eth2 isn't set up, at all. Not even on Debian. (But this shouldn't matter, right?)

When I plug this machine in to eth1, nothing happens. It's Win7, tried both static and dynamic, but I can't access anything.

What did I do wrong? :(