Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

my laptop screen is too light

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
ddredstar

my laptop screen is too light

#1 Post by ddredstar »

Hi,
guys,
my laptop screen is too light,and i darken it by Fn function key,but each time i reboot my laptop, it's too light again.

so, how to keep my setting.

thanks!!!

captaink

Re: my laptop screen is too light

#2 Post by captaink »

Hi ddredstar,
You haven't given us a clue about your lapto, say what's the model.
I think the settings might be in bios. Check your laptop manual if there is a bios setting. Or the graphics card.
Has the screen been lighten on other Linux distros or on other Operating Systems, like windows?

Please provide some more info about your laptop and wait for an answer from others too. Please be patient.

Greetings,
captaink.

Tixy

#3 Post by Tixy »

If you are using the Gnome desktop environment, set the screen brightness using the Power Management menu under System>Preferences. This also has a few other settings to stop annoying behaviour, like dim-when-idle and options for when on battery power to stop it changing screen brightness.

captaink

#4 Post by captaink »

Yeah, that would be more efficient... :P

ddredstar

#5 Post by ddredstar »

Tixy wrote:If you are using the Gnome desktop environment, set the screen brightness using the Power Management menu under System>Preferences. This also has a few other settings to stop annoying behaviour, like dim-when-idle and options for when on battery power to stop it changing screen brightness.

that works for me, very helpful.
thanks million,thanks all of you.