Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cant Type at startup

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
adrian-c

Cant Type at startup

#1 Post by adrian-c »

After I installed debian, everything was fine, ive used it for a month, but then i did something to apt and it deleted something and i got a kernel panic, so i chrooted from a livecd and everything is fine now, except the fact that i cant use a usb mouse or keyboard, ps/2 works fine, and by the way, usbhid is loaded, does anyone know what it could be?

Grifter

#2 Post by Grifter »

try unplugging and replugging the keyboard in, make sure you have udev installed, apt-get install udev (if you run a 2.6 kernel, it doesn't work with 2.4, and if you have udev and 2.6, purge hotplug if you have it) otherwise hotplug is the way to go, with 2.4 kernel
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

adrian-c

#3 Post by adrian-c »

it dint work, i just switched back to slackware, where i dont have to trust my system to a package manager =p, but pkgtools is a healthy and useful tool