Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Wierd glitch, anyone see this before??

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
relis

Wierd glitch, anyone see this before??

#1 Post by relis »

Im dual booting XP, and deb sarge, and when KDM starts up, just before if shows me the login it shows a blue glitchy windows screen saying logging off, or 'windows shutting down', an then it goes to my kdm logon. Both OSs are working fine, anyone else see this though? I want to know if it will ever mess up my data

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#2 Post by Lavene »

Yes, seen that alot. For a moment the screen show what was last displayed no matter what OS or partition it was. It even happends when I've run a liveCD. I have no idea why it happens though.

It's been discussed before by the way. I'm sure you can find the thread with some searching.

Tina

ajdlinux

#3 Post by ajdlinux »

It's an issue with the video RAM not being cleared. Just momentarily the screen shows what was in the video buffer. You won't notice this on a cold boot.