Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Msstcorefonts config fails horribly

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
CplusGod

Msstcorefonts config fails horribly

#1 Post by CplusGod »

Hello. I am somewhat new to Debian/Etch (but not Linux itself) and I was trying to install wine using the Ubuntu Dapper repository. Everything went fine, until msstcorefonts was being configured. It tries to download the font files from "belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/" but on each one, it seems to download, but what it really downloads is obviously not a font file at all. Look here:

Code: Select all

07:12:11 (68.05 KB/s) - `./andale32.exe?download&failedmirror=belnet.dl.sourceforge.net' saved [12091]
Is the Belnet server down? If so, is there another server that apt can get the fonts from?

Before anybody even thinks of saying that Debian is not Ubuntu Dapper, I know, and I don't care. I've done this before, and it has worked.

DeanLinkous

#2 Post by DeanLinkous »

Well debian isnt ubuntu :) Installing stuff from dapper repo is IMO a scary situation. Have you tried using the debian msttcorefonts package?
Or how about this...
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/corefonts

ajdlinux

#3 Post by ajdlinux »

BTW to use msttcorefonts in Debian you need to enable contrib.