Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

problems with iptables not finding shared object

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
landysaccount

problems with iptables not finding shared object

#1 Post by landysaccount »

Hello.

Today I was installing a new system and tried to run an iptables script I have on another machine, in which works flawlessly, and get a bunch of errors:

Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
iptables v1.3.6: Couldn't load target `standard':/lib/iptables/libipt_standard.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looking into /lib there isn't an iptables directory but there's one named xtables. I tried creating a sybolic link:

ln -s /lib/xtables /lib/iptables

but, still doesn't work don't know if is a bug or what but have other systems running without problems.

I running this on Lenny 5.0.4 and iptables was installed with apt-get install iptables.

Server:/lib# iptables -V
iptables v1.3.6

Please guide me to where I can find info on how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

landysaccount

Re: problems with iptables not finding shared object[SOLVED]

#2 Post by landysaccount »

I can't believe it!

I've tried unsuccessfully upgrade iptables with apt-get upgrade but, it didn't upgrade to the latest version. I decided to just remove it: apt-get remove iptables and reinstall again: apt-get install iptables. This time it installed the newer version iptables v1.4.2 and now the script is working.

Don't know what was causing that but, problem is solved.