Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

the printer prints the test pages but not the files

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
elena

the printer prints the test pages but not the files

#1 Post by elena »

Hi to everyone.
I am a new user of Debian. I have a printer connected through a network. Following the instructions that I did find in this forum, I did set up the printer, and it does print the test page.... but I do not get any output when I send a file to print!!! Why? It is the default printer, and if I do lpq I can see that my job is queuing (it is the only one, the first but it does not come out).

Thanks,
Elena

elena

again me: actually...

#2 Post by elena »

...the new printer prints the document if it is open with gedit, AbiWord or OpenOfficeWriter....it is only the command line that does not work.

An other question: following the path Desktop/Administration/Printing I reach the window containing all printers. I want to delete some of them and to rename mine. Is it possible?

Thanks, Elena