Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

what is your best interface builder ?

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
GSalah

what is your best interface builder ?

#1 Post by GSalah »

I have just need to start programming under linux environment. please if you can suggest your recomended programming tool. (c++)

Johantrax

#2 Post by Johantrax »

njkt

#3 Post by njkt »

Johantrax: Not sure dev-c++ is a suitable linux IDE 8)

GSalah: I find myself using gVim or Anjuta a lot.

GSalah

#4 Post by GSalah »

Johantrax : I think what 'njkt' said is true , not for linux

njkt : please would you put a link please?

njkt

#5 Post by njkt »

Anjuta:
http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/

Vim
http://www.vim.org/

both of which are in the debian repositories
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

GSalah

#6 Post by GSalah »

thank you , I apt it and every thing is okay , but I need some tutorials please , I felt the help tutorials in sufficient :wink: .

lorebett

#7 Post by lorebett »

you might want to try kdevelop http://www.kdevelop.org

jjmac

#8 Post by jjmac »

www.fltk.org

Less bloat, more hands on :)

jm

lorebett

#9 Post by lorebett »

I didn't know it, but will surely take a look! Looks great! 8)

jjmac

fltk -=- v1.1.7 curiosities -=-

#10 Post by jjmac »

It does have a novel way of providing for customisation.

In the 'fluid' directory, all of the dialog/facilities that the ide uses are presented as projects. Which are essentially a scripting of the created project from which the unit and header files are created. So, the ide can be customised in a wiziwig fashion ... fonts/colours/dimentions.
it also has the side effect of providing an interesting learning opertunity for using the ide itself. Being designed for multi plateforms, they can't really provide a default font to suite everyone i guess. So it will depend on your system.

I had a niggling problem with the actual project window itself though. Which consists of a menu bar with items, and a browser component. That wasn't offered as a project for customising (a file with a .fl extension). As the fonts seem to default at around 11 pxls on my setup, it was a bother (impossible to read :) ).

For the menu bar/items the solution was found at Line 1570 in fluid/fluid.cxx. The struct,

Fl_Menu_Item Main_Menu[] = {
etc
}

needed to be edited to include a font size reference. Some thing like changing ...

{"&New...", FL_CTRL+'n', new_cb, 0},

to

{"&New...", FL_CTRL+'n', new_cb, 0,0,0,0,18,0},

The menu items for the 'New' menu are found separately in fluid/factory.cxx at Line 939

A post on the fltk also pointed me to the 'Browser' component for dealing with the the actual listing in the project window it self.

It isn't really a bug, but it could be seen as an oversite of soughts. It did involve a lot of mucking around on my part to fix. I haven't started on the browser component yet, but all the needed info is in the html docs.

Having supplied a project file for the main project window itself would have made things complete as i could imagine a lot of people just bailing out due to not being able to read the project listing. And the developer response to my post did seem to suggest it might be something to look into.

I have no idea about v2.0, whether it's still the same or not ... if so i hope it is eventually fixed as it tends to slight an otherwise excellent little designer.

Oh yeah ... maintaining external headers for system includes is quite simple too. Easiest way is to just add a declaration for the include at the top of the project listing. But working the naming schemes in the 'project settings' dialog can also be used.

Aside from that, it's great :)

jm

sleep`walker

#11 Post by sleep`walker »

To answer the topic:
I like to use wxWidgets with c++. So wxGlade is fine for me.
KDevelop is nice IDE, code::block looks good, but I had some troubles compiling it.
I throw myself into the sea. Release the wave,
Let it wash over me, To face the fear,
I once believed The tears for the dragon
For you and for me

fuzzy

#12 Post by fuzzy »

An environment as MS Visual Studio is not and in the nearest time be not. All other, as written in one article, written with tea-pots for tea-pots. All that it is necessary for work, it is a text editor of type of "emacs" or "vim", that it is possible it would be "make" from it to start and to build "glade" interfaces.

Forgive for my english.