Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

debian package problems

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
tnk

debian package problems

#1 Post by tnk »

Hello all,

I'm building an package which hasn't been build yet (rsyslog) rsyslog is an mysql based system logger.

Right, the application works fine but the .deb package needs to replace syslogd and klogd and update-rc.d for the init script.

I'm fooling around with 'postrm' 'postinst' and other control files but i simply can't get it all right.

Anybody who has some great knowledge of .deb packages?

Allready digging thru the policy manual and maintainers guide.

Thnx.

jsmidt

#2 Post by jsmidt »

I've done some packaging but I don't know how to answer your specific questions. Those subcribed to debian-mentors probably do though. Go to http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/ and subscibe and send them an email. They will also help sponsor your package when it is ready. Good Luck. :)
Joseph Smidt

Everybody should contribute to so beautiful of a cause as the Debian Project.

tnk

#3 Post by tnk »

Thnx.

I fixed it by taking postinst postrm preinst prerm from the syslog.deb package :)