Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

gtk recordmydesktop advanced issues

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
schmidtbag

gtk recordmydesktop advanced issues

#1 Post by schmidtbag »

so I wanted to do some screen recordings from my tv tuner with the gtk-recordmydesktop. the program starts up and it records too, but the advanced button doesn't work. heres what shows up when i first run the program:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdMonitor.py:10: DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  import popen2
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSelectThumb.py:79: GtkWarning: gdk_image_put_pixel: assertion `y >= 0 && y < image->height' failed
  im2.put_pixel(k/stride,i/stride,im1.get_pixel(k,i))
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:150: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips=gtk.Tooltips()
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:151: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.win_button,smplTooltipLabels[0])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:152: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.start_button,smplTooltipLabels[1])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:153: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.file_button,smplTooltipLabels[2])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:154: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.quit_button,smplTooltipLabels[3])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:155: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.v_quality,smplTooltipLabels[4])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:156: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.v_label,smplTooltipLabels[4])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:157: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.s_button,smplTooltipLabels[5])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:158: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.s_quality,smplTooltipLabels[6])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:159: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.s_label,smplTooltipLabels[6])
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py:160: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
  self.tooltips.set_tip(self.advanced_button,smplTooltipLabels[7])
and heres what shows up when i click the advanced button:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdPrefsWidget.py:239: GtkWarning: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated
  self.channelsSpinButton= gtk.SpinButton(self.channelsAdjustment, climb_rate=0.5, digits=0)
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdPrefsWidget.py:331: DeprecationWarning: os.popen3 is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  (stdin,stdout,stderr)=os.popen3(['jack_lsp'],'t')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py", line 192, in advanced
    self.options=pW.prefsWidget(self,self.values,self.optionsOpen)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdPrefsWidget.py", line 410, in __init__
    self.__runJackLSP__()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdPrefsWidget.py", line 331, in __runJackLSP__
    (stdin,stdout,stderr)=os.popen3(['jack_lsp'],'t')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 695, in popen3
    stderr=PIPE, close_fds=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1141, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

i'm currently running 64 bit squeeze

schmidtbag

Re: gtk recordmydesktop advanced issues

#2 Post by schmidtbag »

bump. i also forgot to mention i'm a kde 4 user. i noticed this program seems to be a little bit more geared toward gnome.

illbashu

#3 Post by illbashu »

Try installing jackd.

schmidtbag

#4 Post by schmidtbag »

i don't think that'll fix it. i've used this program without jack before. the error message says i'm something but i'm not sure what it is. jack is mentioned but its not the only thing that is mentioned. its trying to find python libraries, and i'm not aware of any python-jack related libraries

illbashu

#5 Post by illbashu »

That fixed it for me so it's worth a shot.

schmidtbag

#6 Post by schmidtbag »

hmm.... so it does work. i'm not sure why it worked without this before, but thanks anyway.

sorry for doubting

secipolla

#7 Post by secipolla »

Thank you, there's a bug for that at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=589769