Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Rolandmaffia

Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

#1 Post by Rolandmaffia »

hello all!

I have a question about printing with linux. I'm a root of a small office. We want to change to linux from M$, but we have some HW problem. I've tried with Ubuntu liveCD, and I looked up our main printer(we have 2 other supported HP printers, they works fine), but it seems to have no driver support.
The manufacturer included the M$ driver CDs, but it only contrains GDI & PCL drivers(you can find here: http://download.konicaminolta.hk/bt/eng ... ntent.html with bizhub 211 / 163 Drivers header), what is supported only by M$ printing systems. This printer has scanner[TWAIN](then copier), fax, print function; it can be managed via IP, because we can connect it to a local swith/router with an UTP cable.

My questions are:
-How can I manage to work it with linux based systems?
-May I look for a linux server with virtual M$ OS with some other (haxed) printng tecnology? But how?
-Someone can write a postscript driver for this model? (The printig part[duplex support is necessary] is enough at first)

Thanks your anwsers!

craigevil

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

#2 Post by craigevil »

Try looking up the printer on http://www.openprinting.org/printers

If it isn't listed chances are it isn't supported.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

Rolandmaffia

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 211 driver

#3 Post by Rolandmaffia »

Thanks for the anwser, our printer isnt in the list, so I think it isnt supported, I try to write there too.
Any other suggestions? Anwsers?

Thanks!