Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

can i extract the audio file from

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
freefixkorma

can i extract the audio file from

#1 Post by freefixkorma »

hi guys i like to know if can extract the audio track from a MP4 file sorry to ask is acc track how to extract it please

freefix :(
Last edited by freefixkorma on 2011-04-21 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

stevepusser

Re: can i extract the audio file from

#2 Post by stevepusser »

freefixkorma wrote:hi guys i like to know if can extract the audio track from a MP4 file sorry to ask

freefix :(
I use pacpl to extract and convert audio from video files with a few clicks. You will probably have to install some of the Recommended or
Suggested packages, and maybe the debian-multimedia ffmpeg, to convert to some formats. Search the forum here for pacpl for some other tricks.
MX Linux packager and developer

pendrachken

#3 Post by pendrachken »

Code: Select all

mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile myaudio.aac
Install mediainfo to poke into the MP4 file and see if it is something other than AAC, though it most likely will only be AAC
fortune -o
Your love life will be... interesting.
:twisted: How did it know?

The U.S. uses the metric system too, we have tenths, hundredths and thousandths of inches :-P

freefixkorma

#4 Post by freefixkorma »

hi there thanks for the reply is there a guide for dummies i will appreciate that thanks in advance

freefix :D

pendrachken wrote:

mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile myaudio.aac
Install mediainfo to poke into the MP4 file and see if it is something other than AAC, though it most likely will only be AAC

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

1. Do you want the audio in the same codec as it is in the video, or do you want to convert it to mp3 or something like that?

2. Do you want to use the command line, or stick to a GUI application?

Avidemux from the debian-multimedia.org repo can also take just the audio off a video, plus convert it to many formats. I use pacpl for the quickness and ease of use, though. Pacpl is in the main debian repository.

freefixkorma

#6 Post by freefixkorma »

thanks for reply i just wanna extract the audio from mp4 what i know is acc audio format there ,just wanna take the audio part to make a mp3 file will appreciate that guide and how to

best regards

freefix :D

stevepusser wrote:1. Do you want the audio in the same codec as it is in the video, or do you want to convert it to mp3 or something like that?

2. Do you want to use the command line, or stick to a GUI application?

Avidemux from the debian-multimedia.org repo can also take just the audio off a video, plus convert it to many formats. I use pacpl for the quickness and ease of use, though. Pacpl is in the main debian repository.

stevepusser

#7 Post by stevepusser »

Install pacpl and some of its recommended packages:

aptitude install pacpl faad ffmpeg mplayer twolame flac flake sox sndfile-programs wavpack
For KDE 4 and I think for Gnome, you will now get an option when right-clicking an audio or video file (an Action menu) to "PACPL Convert".

The dialog boxes are simple from there on, choosing a codec, quality, and where to put the output file.

freefixkorma

#8 Post by freefixkorma »

thanks for reply i am running amd64 debian 6 squeeze hope this helps i have install pacp already how do i make this baby work
sorry my ignorance thanks :D
freefix

stevepusser wrote:Install pacpl and some of its recommended packages:

aptitude install pacpl faad ffmpeg mplayer twolame flac flake sox sndfile-programs wavpack
For KDE 4 and I think for Gnome, you will now get an option when right-clicking an audio or video file (an Action menu) to "PACPL Convert".

The dialog boxes are simple from there on, choosing a codec, quality, and where to put the output file.

stevepusser

#9 Post by stevepusser »

What happens when you right-click an mp4 or mp3 file in the file manager? (which is called Nautilus). Do you get a pop-up context menu?

freefixkorma

#10 Post by freefixkorma »

thanks for the reply yes when i double click pops a window that said normal things not anything regarding any conversion just regular pop up for right click

best regards freefix :i got this image kmplayer hope it helps a little

([http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/photo/view/56983/61a][/img]

stevepusser

#11 Post by stevepusser »

freefixkorma wrote:thanks for the reply yes when i double click pops a window that said normal things not anything regarding any conversion just regular pop up for right click

best regards freefix :i got this image kmplayer hope it helps a little

([http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/photo/view/56983/61a][/img]
Hmmm--you are right, it just installs a KDE 4 servicemenu in

/usr/share/kde4/services/pacpl.desktop

not one for the gnome desktop. Some needs to write a Nautilus version of that...

Pacpl will run in a Kommander GUI if you install kommander, which will also install a lot of KDE 4 runtime libraries. Otherwise you'd have to learn the command line options for it.

t's getting late here, will think bout it more tomorrow. You may look at avidemux from the debian-multimedia.org repo.