Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

On the neon blue borders and header background

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
dmhdlr

On the neon blue borders and header background

#1 Post by dmhdlr »

They upset a rather nice, conservative, agreeable look. The other blues work very nicely with the white and hints of Debian red, especially in the threads; but the intense blue is too blue. May I suggest the darker hues from Space Fun? In fact why isn't there some Space Fun going on here? The banner at debian.org is informative, playful, whimsical, easy on the eyes.
[formerly known as Deckard]
"Emacs: making you posthuman since 1976"
Axiom #1: Emacs is a text interface prosthesis
Axiom #2: Org-mode gives you super cyborg organizational powers
cf. Why Emacs | Emacs-fu | EmacsWiki | Worg

Randicus

Re: On the neon blue borders and header background

#2 Post by Randicus »

Are you suggesting Space Fun as the default or as a choice? If Space Fun refers to the space ship leaving a smoke trail that forms the Debian swirl, I would prefer it to be a choice, not the default. I do not like that design.
I use the SkyBlue theme, but I think Bl@ck would be a better default than the current theme. (I forget what it is called.)

dmhdlr

#3 Post by dmhdlr »

Yea, Space Fun:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/SpaceFun

I'm saying that the present default "prosilver" should have its banner replaced by this banner, and everywhere else the blue of the present banner should be replaced by a blue from Space Fun.

In other words:

[formerly known as Deckard]
"Emacs: making you posthuman since 1976"
Axiom #1: Emacs is a text interface prosthesis
Axiom #2: Org-mode gives you super cyborg organizational powers
cf. Why Emacs | Emacs-fu | EmacsWiki | Worg

Randicus

#4 Post by Randicus »

A nicer shade of blue might be a good idea, but I do not like the Space Fun theme. I love Debian, but I think the funny space ship and unattractive star stream is ugly. (Of course, that is only my opinion.) I would prefer a theme that uses the Debian lamp and swirl. (Again, my not-so-humble opinion. :D )

vbrummond

#5 Post by vbrummond »

I am not heavily fond of the space fun theme. Though all the feedback of it I have witnessed has been thoroughly positive. (This is personal experiences of folks that without prompting stated how much they like the background/art). As for the logo, I really do not like the lamp logo. It just feels cartoony and hard to take serious. Just the swirl is great and seems to work everywhere.

As for a change to the forums at all I see no reason to vote in it favour of it. Personally I use the red theme.
Always on Debian Testing

Randicus

#6 Post by Randicus »

One useful change could be to move the theme selection option to a more prominent location. I have seen the theme selector on the main page at other fora. It took me quite a while to find the Debian theme selector. I found it by accident when I was poking around the User Control Panel just seeing what all was there.