Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

New to Debian Forum

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
al3xanr0

New to Debian Forum

#1 Post by al3xanr0 »

Hello everyone,

I am not new to Debian, but I am no expert by any means. I started using Mepis when it was debian based as an escape from RPM dep hell (there were no viable pkg mgrs at the time). Then when sarge was released I started using it, I never felt compelled to join the forum because the distro is very comprehensive. I have managed to resolve most of my issues with little to no effort. I strayed away for a while; I jumped on the Ubuntu band wagon. I did not recall ever having to deal with so many idiosyncratic anomalies so back to Debian. I use other distros but, by far Debian is favored above all.

Regards,

Al3xanr0
| Al3xanRO | Registered User #413462 |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. -Acts 2:21

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#2 Post by Lavene »

Welcome, hope you'll enjoy our forum.
Having problems is definitely not a requirement for membership ;)

Tina

al3xanr0

#3 Post by al3xanr0 »

Lavene wrote:Welcome, hope you'll enjoy our forum.
Having problems is definitely not a requirement for membership ;)

Tina
Thank you :D
| Al3xanRO | Registered User #413462 |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. -Acts 2:21

tukuyomi

#4 Post by tukuyomi »

Hello all, I'm also new to Debian, not completely actually, after almost 2 years using Ubuntu as my main OS.
I switched to Debian Etch 1 week ago, and so far, so good!
Thanks to all the devs and members involved in Debian and forums ;)