Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Gnome shell

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
jppranker

Gnome shell

#1 Post by jppranker »

I took the updates this morning for sid and not gnome shell when I try and install it say it has broken packages. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.

Job

Re: Gnome shell

#2 Post by Job »

That is the risk you have while running Sid. I am experiencing the same problem. Just be patient and everything we work out in a few days. You can use gnome classic. I use fluxbox so no worries for me.
jppranker wrote:I took the updates this morning for sid and not gnome shell when I try and install it say it has broken packages. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

bmc5311

#3 Post by bmc5311 »

what i do -

Code: Select all

aptitude update
then to see what's gonna happen...

aptitude -s full-upgrade
if it tells me that it's not going to break, I remove the -s (simulate) and do the upgrade.
If it tells me it's going to break, I try

aptitude -s upgrade
if there's no predicted breakage I do the upgrade, if there is, I hold off...

I also have apt-list bugs installed..
http://packages.debian.org/sid/apt-listbugs

jppranker

#4 Post by jppranker »

Oh I was not in a hurry by no means. Just curious if anyone had come up with a solution. Todays updates allowed me to reinstall shell and gnome which gave me back gnome 3 interface. I know lots of people do not like it but I do so any way it is back working