Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Apps on Debian to make job applications easier?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
espressobeanie

Apps on Debian to make job applications easier?

#1 Post by espressobeanie »

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any applications on Debian that make job applications a lot easier. I know that Firefox has Macro support for fields and such, but I wanted to know if there were anything like web scrapers that all I needed to do was to type in the name of the company and keywords and let it mine the website for all available information and send me the postings. I'm not a lazy ****. I just don't like wasting my life in dealing with mindless Human Resource agents when I could better spend my time doing something else for the greater good.
I love Debian!!!

bw123

Re: Apps on Debian to make job applications easier?

#2 Post by bw123 »

That's a great idea, have not heard of an app like that.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

espressobeanie

#3 Post by espressobeanie »

Of course it's a great idea. I can imagine that some CS majors have already used custom-made apps to job hunt and make their lives incredibly easier. Plus, Human Resources is the biggest colossal waste to a company/corporation. Every career fair HR retard tells you to upload your resume to their website and recite their bull***t speech so they can feel like their life has some pathetic meaning. It'd be nice to have software to make the task much easier, since there are millions of these companies in every discipline. It's not like they're going to check your resume anyway unless you harass them.
I love Debian!!!

bw123

#4 Post by bw123 »

i bet surfraw could do the search/scrape part of it, maybe you should write an app called HHRUH "harass human resources until hired"
resigned by AI ChatGPT

espressobeanie

#5 Post by espressobeanie »

Congratulations bw123! You have "leveled-up!"
I love Debian!!!