Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Imagine-Linux (new distribution) based on debian unstable

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
adenukolnis

Re: Imagine-Linux (new distribution) based on debian unstabl

#41 Post by adenukolnis »

nadir wrote:
end chat.
I guess I should of capitalized AdenUkolnis so it would look more like a name.

And actually I am descended from Johannes Heinrich Linckorst who was from Weißenborn-Lüderode, Germany or at least he was back in the mid 1700s How is that in regards to your taste :wink:

Snow Keld

#42 Post by Snow Keld »

if this post is at all sloppy its because i am writing from my phone.

i see this topic has turned into quite a debate.

686-pae is a replacement for bigmem. although pae seems much better.

on one of my original trial runs of the os months ago i gave it to a friend on usb and it ran 686. his laptop could not run it. so now i make all images 486. it says on the front page of my sourceforge page to install 686-pae if your hardware supports it.

also the tool i am trying to use now is a very well put together set of bash scripts. the person that made it offered to help me work on my project as well.
i cant give links or anything cuz im on my phone and dont have them.

the next release should have the installer working well, likely will use upstart, and a few minor fixes i have found and others pointed out.

Snow Keld

#43 Post by Snow Keld »

fsmithred wrote:@Snow Keld:
upstart: why? Isn't Debian moving to systemd?
i have done my research since i read this.

systemd here i come :)

next release WILL use systemd.

i will have a new release by the end of this month.

remastersys will not be used.

also, anyone interested in how i am planning on running the project in the future. once/if i have a DEDICATED user base (a few helping with development) of about 20 people it will become a community driven project and any decisions will be decided by popularity and not solely by me.