Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Last post

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Aris Veresie

Last post

#1 Post by Aris Veresie »

Warning. You will find that this is an offensive post.

The reason I am writing this, is because quite a few times I saw that some of my posts went unanswered, and mainly because some of my questions are NOT answered. View topic http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80858 as an example.
The second reason is that you do NOT have the BALLS to write your name and you use a nickname instead.

My opinion about the forum structure.
It is okay if you are working as an installer in some company.
In my case as a home user, it is stupid. You only need one thread per OS installed per computer. This way things are kept nice and tidy. The extra threads could be the off-topic, this one, a video forum, a howto forum, a programming forum, etc.

Why I chose Debian.
The first two computers I bought came with Windows installed, probably illegal. Then I received a genuine Windows 98 copy and a genuine Red Hat 7. Both anonymous. Ten years later and after reading some about Linux, I tried Mint, Ubuntu, and then Debian. No particular reason, but the advantage of the OS being free is obvious (I also have the contrib and non-fee sections in the sources.list). In my non-expert opinion an OS is an OS, and the only difference that I can tell from Windows (98 and 2000 - ten years ago), is that it looks more stable, and the memory runs better.

To whom it may concern.
By the end of this month, I expect you to delete (purge?) my registration from these forums, and you can also delete my posts as it will save your disk space. If it is possible you may delete it from http://wiki.debian.org/, both have the same username and password.
I will not log into these forums again. If you have anything to say to me, please use email as I will not be able to see your answers, if you do care to answer.
If you do not want me to use the Debian OS kindly inform me via email and I will remove it within a month.

My old "signature".
Debian, 32&64bit. This actually means nothing. Only that the total is 96.
"F.T.=>2=2=>2=3". I have heard 'voices' that F.T. means **** Them. Totally not true. I will not explain what it is though and I will leave it as a puzzle for you.
To catch a Planet you must use the Stars. This is one of the facts that I have learned from studying the stars. Use it at your own discretion.
What I think, from what "you, he, she, and you" think, with your own opinions and explanations, look like, and they are different opinions. This is self explained, and it sounds much better in Greek, which is why I have used the quotation marks.
Being anonymous is the same as being an idiot.

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Last post

#2 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

Dude ..... :roll:

Offensive? no.
Misguided & misdirected, yes.
Last edited by dilberts_left_nut on 2012-06-18 04:34, edited 1 time in total.
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

JohnDeere730

#3 Post by JohnDeere730 »

:lol: (Cue dramatic music)..."Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn"

There; I guess he showed you all...you won't have ol' Arse Veresmellei to kick around any more! :roll:

golinux

#4 Post by golinux »

Drama queens are soooo boring . . . *yawn*
May the FORK be with you!

Randicus

#5 Post by Randicus »

The bad part is, based on his example;
View topic viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80858
he will now tell everyone that the forum's reputation for unfriendliness is true, because instead of getting the answers he wanted, he was given answers warning him of the dangers of what he wanted to do.

The people here are such a terrible lot. :roll:

vbrummond

#6 Post by vbrummond »

Aris Veresie wrote:I do want to sound like a bad ass
:roll: Do what you want save your drama for the theatre.
Always on Debian Testing

bw123

#7 Post by bw123 »

ran across this today http://wiki.debian.org/TheFable
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Randicus

#8 Post by Randicus »

bw123 wrote:ran across this today http://wiki.debian.org/TheFable
Nice story. I just had to add it to my collection. :lol:

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

It's been there a long time.
The cast changes constantly but the story remains the same...
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

cynwulf

#10 Post by cynwulf »

Aris Veresie wrote:The reason I am writing this, is because quite a few times I saw that some of my posts went unanswered, and mainly because some of my questions are NOT answered. View topic http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80858 as an example.
You were advised not to mix stable and testing - as are most users, for very good reasons. You chose to ignore that advice, which is fine - but others can chose to opt out of offering you any more help. Why should anyone waste their time assisting someone who cherry picks advice and assumes they already know it all already? If you know it all - then get on with it.

craigevil

#11 Post by craigevil »

His questions weren't answered the way he thought they should have been. So he throws a sissy fit and stomps out of the room. So long and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

nadir

#12 Post by nadir »

Aris Veresie,
I fail to see what your exact problem is, as you write very abstract (instead of detailed).
That does not mean that i don't see problems, one of them you see in this very thread.
It probably doesn't make much sense to expect reason .... ignore or leave
(or just have fun or fight...)
On another note emariz, from the thread you linked to, is of the ones who simply post about technical question (he offers info, not teenage-chat, or, like the Germans say: "howl with the wolfs". The mob). He is here for a long time, perhaps longer than i, and i honor him as someone who gives info. I don't think you have a reason to complain about him (or perhaps her).

I like the debian-user mailing list, there is also ask.debian.net and you will find users at identi.ca and diaspora. Then there are lots of forums which are not focused on Debian, but offer general info (and sometimes about Debian too, as subforums).

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
http://ask.debian.net/
http://identi.ca/debian

Was that clear? I hope not :-) ... (the question which remains is what the heck i am -still- doing here...).
Most short: Take it easy.

PS: one of the most strange things i see is people who feel the need to say (again, and again, and again...) that they don't care, and that everything is boring. Doesn't seem to hinder them to say it (aka can't be that boring).
Sarcasm is both:
the fine surgical implement that the wise expertly wield, and the cruel bludgeon that fools use to hide the fact that they don't have a leg to stand on.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

craigevil

#13 Post by craigevil »

nadir wrote:Aris Veresie,
I fail to see what your exact problem is, as you write very abstract (instead of detailed).
That does not mean that i don't see problems, one of them you see in this very thread.
It probably doesn't make much sense to expect reason .... ignore or leave
(or just have fun or fight...)
On another note emariz, from the thread you linked to, is of the ones who simply post about technical question (he offers info, not teenage-chat, or, like the Germans say: "howl with the wolfs". The mob). He is here for a long time, perhaps longer than i, and i honor him as someone who gives info. I don't think you have a reason to complain about him (or perhaps her).

I like the debian-user mailing list, there is also ask.debian.net and you will find users at identi.ca and diaspora. Then there are lots of forums which are not focused on Debian, but offer general info (and sometimes about Debian too, as subforums).

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
http://ask.debian.net/
http://identi.ca/debian

Was that clear? I hope not :-) ... (the question which remains is what the heck i am -still- doing here...).
Most short: Take it easy.

PS: one of the most strange things i see is people who feel the need to say (again, and again, and again...) that they don't care, and that everything is boring. Doesn't seem to hinder them to say it (aka can't be that boring).
Sarcasm is both:
the fine surgical implement that the wise expertly wield, and the cruel bludgeon that fools use to hide the fact that they don't have a leg to stand on.
if you bother to read the thread in his post he was given useful advice then stated quite plainly he didn't want to follow it.
His post in this thread has nothing to do with the attitude of people on the forum, but totally with him not liking the correct advice he was given.

Its quite simple if you do not want help then don't ask for it. His system was halfass upgraded to testing leaving him with a broken system. There is a reason people are told over and over again not to run a mixed system, especially Stable +testing it is almost impossible to keep it working.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
My Giant Sources.list

62chevy

#14 Post by 62chevy »

Gee how many questions have I asked that went unanswered, plenty or at least 2/3 of them.

Maybe the OP would be better off asking question over at the Ubuntu forums were they can burp him and a pat on the back once in a while and when he becomes to much of a pain they will simply ban him so he wont have to stomp off.
Debian Buster

cynwulf

#15 Post by cynwulf »

It's simple enough - he wanted to run a mixed "stable/testing" system. Users warned him against this in two different threads - he was also informed about backports and that his b0rked system needed a dist-upgrade, which he dismissed out of hand.

nadir

#16 Post by nadir »

craigevil wrote:
if you bother to read the thread in his post he was given useful advice then stated quite plainly he didn't want to follow it.
His post in this thread has nothing to do with the attitude of people on the forum, but totally with him not liking the correct advice he was given.

Its quite simple if you do not want help then don't ask for it. His system was halfass upgraded to testing leaving him with a broken system. There is a reason people are told over and over again not to run a mixed system, especially Stable +testing it is almost impossible to keep it working.
I don't doubt that.
Still i don't think it is good manners if a few are having at one: "Oh, fun, lets join. He is weak, right now, and i can proof how tough i am" A ritual. Initialization.
To be honest: that is the behavior i really consider to be disgusting (for historical reasons, and you know i am from Germany, hence you know why i am touchy about that)
That was not very clear, i guess: If someone is on the ground, there is no need to kick him.
I wasn't speaking of that thread, but of this one (and i stressed that, for example emariz, gives good info and help. Some of this thread too, and some join wherever a few are having at one)
If that was not clear neither: i can't say it more clear.

In GB they call it: fair-play
(i think).
Its quite simple if you do not want help then don't ask for it
qft
Last edited by nadir on 2012-06-18 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

bw123

#17 Post by bw123 »

food fight
resigned by AI ChatGPT

craigevil

#18 Post by craigevil »

If someone is on the ground, there is no need to kick him.
That is the perfect time to kick them. Repeatedly. :evil:
My Giant Sources.list

hhh

#19 Post by hhh »

craigevil wrote:
LMFAO! :lol: Seriously, that is freaking funny.

nadir

#20 Post by nadir »

craigevil wrote:
I don't think you mean that. I don't think you understood what i (tried to ) say neither.
I never have seen you as the ones who go with the mob (We might agree or disagree, but you say what _you_ think is right, not what the vogue says. That is how i see you. I might be wrong, sure).

slightly related rant:
I have seen videos from ... mhhh.. i think Egypt where exactly that happened in real life (kicking them, repeatedly). The so-called freedom-fighters, btw. That is not funny. They would have kicked him to death, but a priest stepped in (a single one against a crowd. With his bare hands he, the priest, protected a soldier from the mob (with clubs and all). You will find the video at youtube, i guess. The choice is yours. I for one am done with their "revolution". "If you can't dance to it "... well, you know the saying) .