Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Etch artwork

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
patrickfromspain

Etch artwork

#1 Post by patrickfromspain »

Hi there! I (with the help of some friends, too) have done some artwork for the upcoming Debian Etch release... Hope you like it! They're done in inkscape, so, if you want the source svg files, just let a message with your mail requesting them, and I'll them to you.

EDIT: fixed images.
Last edited by patrickfromspain on 2006-12-29 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

thamarok

#2 Post by thamarok »

Looks good, but the Debian logo looks different.. it looks like it's squeezed :?

patrickfromspain

#3 Post by patrickfromspain »

Thanx thamaro... I though I was missing something, but didn't realize what happened to the debian logo. Thanx a lot :)

thamarok

#4 Post by thamarok »

Now it's a lot better :P
But I have a suggestion:
Make the background dark and make the stuff around the Debian logo blue and the Debian logo itself white :wink:

patrickfromspain

#5 Post by patrickfromspain »

mmm why don't you send me a PM with your email, and then you could do your changes? ;) I'll send you the source files.

It's all done with inkscape, and the changes you suggest aren't difficult to do... I'm willing to help, as long as your willing the learn :)

EDIT: sorry if the message sounds "hard" or "unfriendly". It isn't meant to sound that way :?

thamarok

#6 Post by thamarok »

Oh no.. I'm not that talented to modify the SVGs.. :o
I modified my profile so you can have me e-mail.. Cheers

sleepyEDB

#7 Post by sleepyEDB »

Awesome job! Most of the links to 'official' CD artwork on the debian.org website are quite old...you should submit these to be included in that list. :)

http://www.debian.org/CD/artwork/

sleepy
"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. While you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

patrickfromspain

#8 Post by patrickfromspain »

I've done some more work:

New/alternative back cover, I though debian etch 4.0 was too much repeated, so:

Also, I've done another front cover, for those 4cd boxes: