Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Latest Wine for Debian squeeze

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Pelly

Latest Wine for Debian squeeze

#1 Post by Pelly »

I am getting problems with the Wine intended for squeeze. It gives no sound. A mod gave me an advice to use the latest version, but the it's either for wheezy or sid.
Can somebody give me the latest Wine package as a backport? I need a backport, as installing a package from wheezy or sid drives aptitude mad.

vbrummond

Re: Latest Wine for Debian squeeze

#2 Post by vbrummond »

Yes you should never install a package from testing/sid on stable. Even moreso now with multi-arch. If you managed to install any packages or added any testing/sid repositories I would remove them now before it gets worse. On topic though; I remember from my squeeze days I used to use the mepis community package for wine. I have not used squeeze or tested the package for a long time though, so your results may vary: http://main.mepis-deb.org/M85packages.html
Always on Debian Testing

Pelly

#3 Post by Pelly »

I didn't know that Mepis is compatible with squeeze. Let's try it...
EDIT: I think that this Wine is a full package. It said that my pack conflicts with libwine.

vbrummond

#4 Post by vbrummond »

It is based on the Ubuntu style packaging, so you should remove all wine packages on your current system to use it.
Always on Debian Testing

Pelly

#5 Post by Pelly »

It works. Thank you.

vbrummond

#6 Post by vbrummond »

Glad I could help, do enjoy! :)
Always on Debian Testing