Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How would you improve this forum?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Randicus

Re: How would you improve this forum?

#61 Post by Randicus »

JohnDeere730 wrote:This whole thread is an exercise in futility and impotence, but what the hell; it's a slow night at the ol' homestead.
This thread provides the members with an outlet, so they do not disrupt the rest of the forum with off-topic discussions, highjacking threads, spam and rhymes.

One of the Mighty descended from his throne and briefly walked amongst the masses.
He asked for suggestions to help the Might Ones rule the realm.
He then put the plugs back in his ears and returned to the throne.
The court jester cried, "Anon. Didst I hearest a murmur?"
The sheriff quickly cried foul and sent the jester into exile.
Now the Mighty One is afraid to return, because the wolf and the tractor are on the prowl.

golinux

#62 Post by golinux »

Randicus wrote:One of the Mighty descended from his throne and briefly walked amongst the masses.
He asked for suggestions to help the Might Ones rule the realm.
He then put the plugs back in his ears and returned to the throne.
The court jester cried, "Anon. Didst I hearest a murmur?"
The sheriff quickly cried foul and sent the jester into exile.
Now the Mighty One is afraid to return, because the wolf and the tractor are on the prowl.
That's just too subversive (and very funny)! Maybe Mez will return to take away your keyboard!?
May the FORK be with you!

nadir

#63 Post by nadir »

caulfield wrote:What i was thinking was having some sort of a cafe, a subforum dedicated to "hanging out" and building a community feeling even with us, technically less equipped. I think that one subforum like that wouldn't overload things. Hope it's not a too dumb suggestion, i'm not trying to make anyone feel idiotic.

best wishes!
I think this is a very good idea.

long version:
In the past this board looked exactly like this to me, hanging out, building a community. I liked it. I never felt it being a problem that i was a newbie, not technically informed. All kind of fun happened. You are right, it would help getting to know to each other.
I can see no problem if people want to talk in off-topic about, say: soccer, films, music. Nonsense too? Whatever.
For something similar to what i have experienced here i am searching (but haven't really found it yet).

I never had (or have) the feeling that people who are "technically less equipped" were not welcome here, at forums.debian.net (in general. I happens, sure, strange people you meet everywhere. Ignore them, there are enough who try to help in a friendly way).
That would be horrible, imho (and i know such boards, and i left them pretty quick).

greetings.
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

dasein

#64 Post by dasein »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

priceless that this thread got spammed

valdez25

#65 Post by valdez25 »

Make your forum interesting??

confuseling

#66 Post by confuseling »

Shall I sing you a song?
The Forum's search box is terrible. Use site specific search, e.g.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... terms+here

cynwulf

#67 Post by cynwulf »

valdez25 wrote:Make your forum interesting??
A forum is only as interesting as it's members... so if you can make it more interesting - it's over to you.

Garthhh

#68 Post by Garthhh »

Randicus wrote:The How-to section is getting a little long, but has no structure. At present, items are arranged in chronological order based on the most recent posts. It might be advantageous to divide the section into three or four categories, to make searching for relevant how-tos easier.
+1
It's Nice How Free From the Restraints of Reality You Are...

Garthhh

How would you improve this forum?

#69 Post by Garthhh »

I'd have a visible unique identifier, so one can follow the fibers of the thread
The ability to reply to. A specific post would be helpful
Totally contrary to the Facebook big ol pile of posts trend
It's Nice How Free From the Restraints of Reality You Are...