Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

cleaning old packages from my local repo

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Dargor

cleaning old packages from my local repo

#1 Post by Dargor »

hey i have a local repository(testing) which i have made from collecting the .deb's from /var/cache/apt/archive and moving them to /debmirror/etchrepo/ . Now after some time performing dist-upgrade's i have obsolete versions of the same package.
ie;
adduser_3.100_all.deb
adduser_3.101_all.deb

my man searches have revealed nothing and i was wondering if perhaps there are some cool options i could use in a bash(or other) script, unless there is a program that will do this for me.

hcgtv

#2 Post by hcgtv »

apt-get autoclean does a pretty good job of it.
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard

Dargor

#3 Post by Dargor »

ok, that would work but.. the machine is not on the net, only haveing the local repo in apt/sources.list, apt-get autoclean sounds like it will not be appropriate

DeanLinkous

#4 Post by DeanLinkous »

Have you considered setting up your repo with apt-move instead of just draggin the packages around? apt-move IIRC will remove the obsolete, it also creates proper mirror structure and so forth...

apt-move
Aye, fight and you may fail, sellout, and you may live, a while. And dying in your MScash beds, you'll be willin' to trade ALL the cash, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may FUD our customers, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!

Dargor

#5 Post by Dargor »

not untill now, it was working just fine.