Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Logon and admin issue

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
jgagnon

Logon and admin issue

#1 Post by jgagnon »

I have an account here set up with an email address and have several complaints through this whole process of finding out it no longer works.

* Trying to log on the account tells me it is inactive. Trying to activate the account tells me it is "manually disabled" and to contact an board administrator.
* I cannot "contact a board administrator" without first finding the right forum with the right message that just happens to list the address I need to use.
* I've sent 3 emails over the last 10 days to the posted administrator email address without a single response. Not even an acknowledgement that the email was received and read by a human being.
* So now I've had to create a second account just to post here to try to figure out what is going on with the first account using an email address I had to create just for this purpose.

Does anyone even read the admin email for these forums?

Yes, I'm frustrated. :p

cynwulf

Re: Logon and admin issue

#2 Post by cynwulf »

jgagnon wrote:Does anyone even read the admin email for these forums?
In my experience, no...

PM one of the men in red: http://forums.debian.net/memberlist.php?mode=leaders

(Absent Minded, 4D696B65 and saulgoode are usually here regularly.)

jgagnon

#3 Post by jgagnon »

Thank you, I will do exactly that. :)

Absent Minded

#4 Post by Absent Minded »

If you delete your PM before it has been read, no one gets to read it. I do recieve and read the admin e-mail, I am not always able to respond immidiately but I try to respond with in a couple days. I am sure the other Admins read things as well. As for me, if you had left your PM to me alone instead of deleting it, I would have read it at my earliest convience.

AM
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012

Absent Minded

#5 Post by Absent Minded »

For the record, since May 3rd this year I show 6 (admin@forums.debian.net... 8 if you count the ones sent to team@forums.debian.net as well) requests from members in regard to inactive accounts. Only 2 of those were from the same member and those were recieved with-in the last 48 hours (I did handle those by the way and curriously enough the member didn't even bother to thank me :lol: not that many do, it is my job here that we all get paid so highly for :D ). Maybe there was a mistake and the wrong address was used? I certianly don't show multiple requests from the same member over a span of 10 days.

Regards,
AM

PS. I have made it so contact information now shows in all sub-forums instead of just the "News & Announcments" for those who will actually read it. I don't have a problem with PMs by the way, I usually am notified of them but depending on settings, other staff may not be notified of PMs awaiting them.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012