Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Random hibernate on Lenovo ThinkPad x230

Need help with peripherals or devices?
jkkoski

Random hibernate on Lenovo ThinkPad x230

#1 Post by jkkoski »

I have been a happy owner of a Lenovo ThinkPad x230 for a couple of days now. I got every piece of hardware to work within a Debian/testing (Jessie) setup, but I have one strange problem remaining.

Namely, the laptop hibernates at random occasions. I have been checking the logs, but they don't seem to contain any information regarding WHY the hibernation occurs (the process itself of course shows up in the logs).

The only time where I have found an event related to the hibernation is when the laptop loses the AC power (removal of the cable, or removal of the laptop from a docking station). However, these don't account for the random events.

If anyone has any idea where I should look next, I would be most grateful.

confuseling

Re: Random hibernate on Lenovo ThinkPad x230

#2 Post by confuseling »

You had a nose around Thinkwiki? They mention some ACPI troubleshooting there.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:X230

Also, desktop environments have their own ideas about power management. Try installing Fluxbox or something, or maybe just killing your display manager and running from a virtual console, and see if the problem persists.
The Forum's search box is terrible. Use site specific search, e.g.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... terms+here

jkkoski

Re: Random hibernate on Lenovo ThinkPad x230

#3 Post by jkkoski »

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I was there already, but I didn't see the ACPI part (uuups). I will check it right now.
(EDIT: I checked the site and couldn't find anything directly relevant.)

Regarding the desktop environment, I'm running i3 (lightweight tiling window manager), so that shouldn't be a problem.