Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to delet my account?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
twoflowers

How to delet my account?

#1 Post by twoflowers »

As I stopped using debian 6 months ago (hail systemd) I'd like to delete my forum account. Is there a way?

GarryRicketson

Re: How to delet my account?

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

See this, there is a e-mail contact, you can use to request the removal ,
HOWTO contact forum moderators/admins

dasein

#3 Post by dasein »

Account removal doesn't accomplish anything. Just don't log in anymore. If you're somehow concerned that your unused, inactive FDN account might be hacked, then blindly change your password to 20 characters entered at random. Then no one (including you) will be able to log in.

spacex

#4 Post by spacex »

dasein wrote:Account removal doesn't accomplish anything. Just don't log in anymore. If you're somehow concerned that your unused, inactive FDN account might be hacked, then blindly change your password to 20 characters entered at random. Then no one (including you) will be able to log in.
I guess that for some it's satisfying to delete their account as a kind of statement.

Randicus

#5 Post by Randicus »

Most, if not all, fora do not allow accounts to be deleted, because it would remove all of that person's posts. So, OP, either send a message to the administrators requesting your account be made inactive, and hope they read your message, and hope they care enough to do something; or do as advised and scramble your password. In addition to creating an unknown password, I believe it is possible to sabotage an account by changing the e-mail address to something unacceptable. in_poo@crap.com for instance.

GarryRicketson

#6 Post by GarryRicketson »

Actually with PHPbb the member can be deleted without deleting the posts, but only the forum administrator/owner can do that, or administrators, if they have the permissions. Which is why the OP should have just e-mailed them. The OP never responded , nor has been back, so I guess it does not matter much.
Edited: I just checked, and it appears they did get the account deleted, The profile say they "do not exist". well that explains why they never came back or responded. Maybe this topic should be closed. ???

Sarge-in-charge

#7 Post by Sarge-in-charge »

One more casualty systemd can claim.

It's gonna be a hell of a ride!

Randicus

#8 Post by Randicus »

Is it my imagination, or is the new fashion to turn every thread into a systemd rant?
It does not matter if the person's reason for leaving the board is a switch to another OS, dislike of the board, lose of interest or death. The topic of the thread is how to delete an account on this board, not the reason doing it. :roll:

Sarge-in-charge

#9 Post by Sarge-in-charge »

Randicus wrote:Is it my imagination, or is the new fashion to turn every thread into a systemd rant?
It does not matter if the person's reason for leaving the board is a switch to another OS, dislike of the board, lose of interest or death. The topic of the thread is how to delete an account on this board, not the reason doing it. :roll:
Sorry, but the original poster specifically mentioned systemd as the reason for leaving. I did not "turn" this thread into anything different than the OP wanted.

spacex

#10 Post by spacex »

Randicus wrote:Is it my imagination, or is the new fashion to turn every thread into a systemd rant?
It will be like this until the users that obsess the most about it, actually leave for something without Systemd. That's why we should wish them luck, and wave goodbye... But Arch got there eventually, and I guess we will too....

Randicus

#11 Post by Randicus »

Actually, I am not one of the "we". I stopped using Debian before systemd arrived. I then switched to BSD a year ago. I just returned for a while for the lulz. :)

GarryRicketson

#12 Post by GarryRicketson »

+1
I have noticed this troll seems to have a habit of doing that, and the other, mostly posting nonsense.
My hopes are the thread gets closed, there really is nothing more to say on this topic.

spacex

#13 Post by spacex »

Randicus wrote:Actually, I am not one of the "we". I stopped using Debian before systemd arrived. I then switched to BSD a year ago. I just returned for a while for the lulz. :)
Nope, you are not one of them. You are not just whining about it like most, you have actually made better choices for yourself.

deltaflyer

#14 Post by deltaflyer »

Topic Closed, as the OP is no longer a member and nothing else needs actioning
free your computer,use opensource