Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Using pyglet in Debian

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Sefru

Using pyglet in Debian

#1 Post by Sefru »

Hi everyone!

I just started using Debian for the first time a couple of days ago, and so far I have been really impressed by it. I think that Debian is my new favorite distribution. :)

However, I have come across a small problem. I have written a python script that uses Pyglet. The script works fine in Fedora, but I can't seem to get it working in Debian. I have installed the python-pyglet package, but when I run my script I get an error saying:

unhandled ImportError
"No module named 'pyglet'"

I have tried to change the import statement to "import python-pyglet", but that just gives a syntax error. What kind of name should I use for the pyglet library to get it imported? Also, I'm trying to use python3, could that be the problem?

With best regards
Sefru

GarryRicketson

Re: Using pyglet in Debian

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Really, with out seeing the script, it is anybodies guess.
The script works fine in Fedora,
Debian is not Fedora.

cronoik

#3 Post by cronoik »

Have you checked if the provided examples work? /usr/share/doc/python-pyglet/examples/programming_guide/hello_world.py
Have a nice day!

kedaha

#4 Post by kedaha »

Just off the cuff but you could convert the pyglet rmp to deb using alien and try that instead of the version from Debian.
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

Just off the top of my head, Debian packages python2 packages as "python-", with the python3 version as "python3-".

But it appears that the last maintenance on the Debian package was back in 2010, with no python3 version.

You may be able to do a local install of pylet and get it to use python 3: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2129 ... r-python-3
MX Linux packager and developer