Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Currrent recommended way to build a custom Debian Installer

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Oflameo

Currrent recommended way to build a custom Debian Installer

#1 Post by Oflameo »

What is the current recommended way to build a custom Debian installer? A preconfigured installation ISO would save me quite a lot of time, except for the fact that I don't know how to do it well. I would like to make some for x86_64 and armhf.

golinux

Re: Currrent recommended way to build a custom Debian Instal

#2 Post by golinux »

Check out this thread.
May the FORK be with you!

Oflameo

#4 Post by Oflameo »

GarryRicketson wrote:Do some searches:
how to build a custom Debian installer?

This is 1 result of many,
how to build a custom Debian installer?

That would work, except that wasn't my question. Which way do you personally recommend using. I have tried a few build scripts and the results were not good even though it did boot.

spacex

#5 Post by spacex »

This is the best way, but not the easiest way. It requires a little bit of reading, and a bit of trial & error without giving up. Once you get it, then it becomes very easy. Obviously it can be very advanced also. It depends how much you want to customize your images.
http://live.debian.net/manual/3.x/html/ ... .en.html#1