Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

install amule on debian jessie

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
hesse

install amule on debian jessie

#1 Post by hesse »

i need to install amule in debian jessie but its remove to repository, how can I solve this problem?. thank you.

brian_p

Re: install amule on debian jessie

#2 Post by brian_p »

hesse wrote:i need to install amule in debian jessie but its remove to repository, how can I solve this problem?. thank you.
Backport the unstable version to stable.
--
Brian.

hesse

#3 Post by hesse »

brian_p wrote:
hesse wrote:i need to install amule in debian jessie but its remove to repository, how can I solve this problem?. thank you.
Backport the unstable version to stable.
This solution breaks the system ?.

thatguychuck

#4 Post by thatguychuck »

hesse wrote:
brian_p wrote: Backport the unstable version to stable.
This solution breaks the system ?.
He doesn't mean install the unstable version to stable, he means compile the unstable version on stable. You can read more here: https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation. I've been able to do this for a few simple packages in the past, but the difficulty goes up with larger amount of dependencies.

kedaha

#5 Post by kedaha »

brian_p wrote:Backport the unstable version to stable "jessie".
How to backport amule from sid to stable:
Easier said than done but I've described a very simple way of backporting amule at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=117558#p553968 which I wrote last year when "jessie" was still testing and of course I recommend you also consider the method detailed by stevepusser in that topic at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=117558#p554365.
Backporting amule results in numerous packages being installed, but although this will not affect jessie's stability, it might not be a bad idea to do it in a build environment - like for example virtual box - rather than on your main system:
Here are the steps I used again:

Code: Select all

# echo "deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list && apt-get update
Or, if you prefer, edit /etc/apt/sources.list directly to include that line.

# apt-get install build-essential
# apt-get build-dep amule
# exit
Continue in /home:

$ mkdir amule && cd amule
$ user@jessie:~/amule$ apt-get --build source amule
Now the ls command will show the amule debs, which you may now install whichever way you prefer; for example, use the following dpkg command to install multiple debs from the working directory thus:

# dpkg -i *deb
You'll likely need:

# apt-get install -f
Backported.
DebianStable

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.