Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Basic Question About Keyboards [Solved]

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
larry77

Basic Question About Keyboards [Solved]

#1 Post by larry77 »

Dear All,
Due to space constraints on my cluttered desk, I would like to buy a smaller (fewer keys) keyboard.
In particular, I would like to give a shot to some cheap mechanical keyboard such as

http://amzn.to/2fDdKAG

My question is the following: will I experience any problem with this "short" keyboard in Debian, or should I expect it to be plug and play?
Seen that my place is a sort of Babel when it comes to languages, can I deploy also a layout different from the British / America one on this keyboard?
To be fair, I expect the answers to my questions to be some solid yes, but...better be on the safe side.
Cheers

larry77
Last edited by larry77 on 2017-03-10 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

alan stone

Re: Basic Question About Keyboards

#2 Post by alan stone »

You might get a solid answer to your questions by following the link on the product page which says "Sold by VicTop and Fulfilled by Amazon." then looking for the "Contact the seller" link. :shock:

No_windows

#3 Post by No_windows »

alan stone wrote:You might get a solid answer to your questions by following the link on the product page which says "Sold by VicTop and Fulfilled by Amazon." then looking for the "Contact the seller" link. :shock:
You really expect a seller to know anything about Debian or Linux in general?

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

larry77:
yes to both questions.

alan stone

#5 Post by alan stone »

No_windows wrote:You really expect a seller to know anything about Debian or Linux in general?
You really expect this question to be answered without first asking the seller?

If so... how about asking Santa Claus? :wink:

dasein

#6 Post by dasein »

Ironically, the seller has already answered the question of Linux compatibility for this specific keyboard, rendering this entire thread totally pointless. Requiring nothing more demanding than a mouse click, said answer took <20 seconds to find, and didn't even require a quick trip to Google.

The root problem here is that the OP has a long history of refusing to do even simple things like mouse-clicks to answer his questions. He would much rather waste others' time by posting pointless forum threads.

Since the OP can't be bothered to so much as click a link to get an answer to his current question, it seems totally pointless to post a second link to the exact same answer.

[/thread]

larry77

#7 Post by larry77 »

Ollallà somebody is getting resentful.
Only after I asked on amazon, the seller published this info.
In any case, point taken that I should have started by asking the seller.