Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Stretch Alpha8 testing and libreoffice calc

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
rainbowmaker

Stretch Alpha8 testing and libreoffice calc

#1 Post by rainbowmaker »

Hi, I recently tried to use Debian 9 Stretch Alpha8 testing version for ESPRIMO D581/D intel Celeron G530 and HP Compaq 6000 Pro SF Desktop PC intel.Core2Duo.E750. I confirmed Debian Stretch on Xfce desktop works fine for both two machines. However, I only encountered one problem for HP Desktop when I tried to run Libreoffice 5 Calc. The cursor (cell) doesn't appear on the spreadsheet. Does anyone know how to fix it or to wait till soft-freeze version is released next month ?

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Stretch Alpha8 testing and libreoffice calc

#2 Post by arochester »

If I SINGLE click I get no cursor. If I DOUBLE click I get a cursor.

How about you?

rainbowmaker

#3 Post by rainbowmaker »

arochester wrote:If I SINGLE click I get no cursor. If I DOUBLE click I get a cursor.

How about you?
Thank you very much. I tried Debian Stretch Alpha8 today for both machines and I could fix the problem.

pylkko

#4 Post by pylkko »

What problem?

rainbowmaker

#5 Post by rainbowmaker »

libreoffice-calc's cursor (cell) didn't appear on the worksheet. But, I could fix it visiting "Mouse and Touchpad" from "Setting Manager". I tried to change mouse driver. :)

pylkko

#6 Post by pylkko »

How did you fix it? I didn't understand the problem perhaps... Did you mean that there was no mouse cursor? Because that you need to double click to enter a value into a cell is a feature, not a problem, but maybe you did not mean that?

rainbowmaker

#7 Post by rainbowmaker »

pylkko wrote:How did you fix it? I didn't understand the problem perhaps... Did you mean that there was no mouse cursor? Because that you need to double click to enter a value into a cell is a feature, not a problem, but maybe you did not mean that?
The problem was occurred several weeks ago when I first installed Debian Stretch Alpha8 and I encountered cursor of libreoffice-calc on the spreadsheet didn't appear. Then I changed mouse device... cos there isn't any configuration of double/single mouse control on libreoffice-calc itself. Then, I went to "settings" and changed mouse driver. That's the only thing we can do to fix... I think...