Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Copy/Paste popup (opera-browser kind of)

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

Copy/Paste popup (opera-browser kind of)

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi guys,

I felt in love with operabrowser copy/paste popup feature, I find this feature mainly in konsole would be really great (in kate or the kdeframework would be good as well).

You must try it first in Opera to understand what im talking about.., i think it would make KDE a litle bit better. :)

I took myself the trouble to make a video demo in youtube, so, i hope you like the idea , please watch it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfvf6bwPrc

posted in kde brainstorm:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=138620
----------------------------------------

i hope your opinions.. :)
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

phenest

Re: Copy/Paste popup (opera-browser kind of)

#2 Post by phenest »

I'd hardly say that was groundbreaking nor an essential feature, and certainly nothing that would make me prefer Opera over any other browser.

I simply highlight what I want on the web page, then press Ctrl-C, then paste into whatever-program then press Ctrl-V. And that works for a lot of programs besides Opera.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

Zill

#3 Post by Zill »

... or just highlight the required text on the webpage then paste it elsewhere by middle-clicking the mouse.

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

yeah, whatever, im not stupid and opera neither are,
I enjoy a lot that popup (it shoud be optional), i find it refreshing and a damm simple workable thing, we can innovate from time to time, even with simplest things.

see drag&drop ask for, dolphin's popup, it's one of the best things of KDE (i cant live with it), and still much people keeps deneing, i dont understand them, even some people opened a kde's bug to remove that function.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

qyron

#5 Post by qyron »

bester69 wrote:Yeah, whatever, I'm not stupid[...]
Stop projecting.
People are just replying to your observation and commenting on their each own individual preferences.
bester69 wrote:[...]and opera neither are.
That is open for debate.
bester69 wrote:I enjoy a lot that pop-up (it should be optional), i find it refreshing and a damn simple workable thing. We can innovate from time to time, even with the simplest things.
Good for you. And I agree with you: innovation is a good thing. But this seems to be a function more useful for touchscreen use rather than for conventional desk and lap systems.
Why try to reinvent the wheel? No matter how many turns one gives to it, it will still remain round.
bester69 wrote:See drag&drop asking for dolphin's pop-up. It's one of the best things of KDE (I can't live without it) and still much people keeps denying it, I don't understand them, even some people have opened a KDE bug to remove that function.
I'm not a user of KDE. It was never able to captivate me. But for what I catch in the wind, it tends to polarize users: some will be, no-matter-what, die-hard, hardcore fans of it and some will keep complaining about it but nonetheless keep using it.

I took the liberty to highlight your typos and do an overall check of your phrasing and punctuation. You should really consider using that spell-checker. You're breaking up more and more has time goes by.

Regards,

Q
Stop hitting me with anvils!|Parem de me bater com bigornas!
Willie E. Coyote

Running Debian 9.2

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

qyron wrote:But this seems to be a function more useful for touchscreen use rather than for conventional desk and lap systems.
that's it.