Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Viewing 360 photos in cinnamon via eog (eye of gnome)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
wiiliam

Viewing 360 photos in cinnamon via eog (eye of gnome)

#1 Post by wiiliam »

Hi everyone!
I have a debian stretch install running cinnamon and I am trying to view 360 photos locally (instead of on my phone and or online). By googling around, I came across this plugin that enables eog to view 360 photos, but I am unable to enable the plugin no matter where I put it. I've tried placing the plugin in the following folders without any results...

Code: Select all

~/.local/share/eog/plugins/
~/.config/eog/plugins/
This brings me to a couple questions: Does cinnamon use eog? If so, does it use eog under a different name? If not, what other program could I use to view 360 photos?
---
Link to the plugin: https://github.com/Aerilius/eog_panorama

phenest

Re: Viewing 360 photos in cinnamon via eog (eye of gnome)

#2 Post by phenest »

I'm using Debian Stretch:
I copied the eog_panorama folder to ~/.local/share/eog/plugins and it shows in EOG as a plugin. But I get an error about not being able to load the plugin. So, I installed:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gexiv2-0.10
... and it works. Although I have no suitable images to test it with.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

wiiliam

#3 Post by wiiliam »

phenest wrote:I'm using Debian Stretch
I'm going to assume that you're running gnome desktop. I'm running cinnamon and apparently I do not have a ~/.local/share/eog/ folder.. I've also installed gir1.2-gexiv2-0.10, but it still wouldn't show up.

phenest

#4 Post by phenest »

Your assumption is correct. My assumption is that if you install Eye Of Gnome in a different Desktop Environment, there would be sufficient dependencies for it to work. Again, an assumption as I have no experience in that.

However, although the plugin is enabled, it doesn't work for me. I tried a picture with the correct XMP data and nothing. I'd suggest trying a different viewer.

phenest

#5 Post by phenest »

There doesn't seem to be any viewers of this kind for Linux.

But there is a website:
http://photosphereviewer.net/view/

giaur

#6 Post by giaur »

Plugin not working for me, it outputs "Webview Error 0:0" on console. It may be my panorama is too large and it can't be handled. Unfortunately, after rescaling in Gimp, tags are lost so I am unable to test