Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to create working .deb files out of it?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
pawRoot

How to create working .deb files out of it?

#1 Post by pawRoot »

Not sure if this should be in here or Programming section, anyway I've installed Infinality
by following this guide:

https://github.com/cmpitg/infinality-debian-package

After building it, you get 2 files
freetype-infinality.deb
fontconfig-infinality.deb
But then it's impossible to install them using Gdebi (GUI version), because these 2 files depend on each other from what i understand, I was only able to install them by using:
# Install all the .deb files
cd ../
sudo dpkg -i \
freetype-infinality/*.deb \
fontconfig-infinality/*.deb
Now the question, how can i get installer/package (.deb) out of it that will not require terminal usage?

milomak

Re: How to create working .deb files out of it?

#2 Post by milomak »

see here

iirc you can edit the rules file for what dependencies should be looked for. (edit - the control file as steve points out below)

might be helpful if you paste here what the actual gdebi output is as well.
Last edited by milomak on 2017-03-05 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

As far as I know, dependencies are set in the debian/control file, most of them are added automatically by dh_shlibs replacing "shlibs:Depends" by querying the finished binaries of packages like this one, but this circular one is probably added manually.. You could also set up some complicated system where dependencies are also generated by some code in the rules file interacting with some test files, but that gets beyond me quickly.
MX Linux packager and developer

Dai_trying

#4 Post by Dai_trying »

I use Q4OS a lot and one of the things it has available is the ability to create custom installers (these are q4os specific) but when it creates them it also creates a single .deb file which I use for installing to my plain debian systems. It is not perfect and might not be worth installing another os (although you can do it in Virtualbox) but it is one possible solution.
This Q4OS forum post has a little information that may help.