Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

installation giving me problems

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
stevepusser

Re: installation giving me problems

#21 Post by stevepusser »

Do you have Ubuntu 16.04 on the machine? If so, please install inxi in it and give us the results of

Code: Select all

inxi -F
in a terminal there. Debian 8 dates back to 2014 and can lack hardware support for newer machines, though that can be worked around by updating some packages from a special backports repository.
MX Linux packager and developer

dev?l

#22 Post by dev?l »

@stevepusser no Ubuntu I tookout whilst installing Debian....Windows will never get into this machine again...why try to control me on my own pc...

dev?l

#23 Post by dev?l »

@arochester...its still says the same...I just can't understand why the installation can't give me default desktop options... :D .

stevepusser

#24 Post by stevepusser »

If it's newer hardware, which Win 10 indicates it might be, Debian 8 can have trouble with the graphics. I indicated that in my last post, though I said hardware, because it's not just graphics it can have problems with.

Do you have any Live DVDs or USBs that we can use to get some idea of the hardware on that machine? Can you try Debian 9?
MX Linux packager and developer

dev?l

#25 Post by dev?l »

I can try debian 9...but is'nt that in beta?...

dev?l

#26 Post by dev?l »

Actually am comfortable with bash bare bones...I write python codes on daily basis on cmd...but this is my first crash with Linux...if you know some good resources I can try digging....

dev?l

#27 Post by dev?l »

I run legacy boot...on Lenovo thinkcenter 64bit i5 2.70....the WiFi got issues but managed dealing with without whining...but this time am really in the rabbit hole..