Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Grub Rescue. Unable to Access Windows OS.

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Saturnize

Re: Grub Rescue. Unable to Access Windows OS.

#21 Post by Saturnize »

stevepusser wrote:Are there any settings for the graphics hardware in the machine's BIOS/UEFI settings, such as enabling or disabling the Intel graphics, or setting one as the default?

Since you also have several drives, that's another possible point of failure; maybe GRUB was installed to the wrong drive of is looking in the wrong place. I'd try a live ISO of Debian 8 to check any graphics problems--if that fails to boot, I'd try a Stretch live session to see if that works better.
Thanks for the guidance stevepusser. I went through My computers bios and simply changed the main graphics output to the Intel chipset graphics. After that I went into My login screen no problem (Graphics issue. Live DVD in FailSafe was the only remedy), however I was not able to log in. Turns out it was just a happy accident. I reinstalled Debian and put GRUB onto the SSD where Windows 7 is and now I'm able to use My machine! Hopefully I get the chance to learn and make use of the

Code: Select all

grub rescue> 
commands in the future!

You can close the thread. If You want...

GarryRicketson

#22 Post by GarryRicketson »

You can close the thread. If You want..
We don't do that here, you started the topic, you should edit the subject line in the first post, add the word "solved" to it,..usually the topics do not get "closed" , there may be others that want to add comments, etc.
For example :
subject:

Code: Select all

(solved)Grub Rescue. Unable to Access Windows OS. 

phenest

#23 Post by phenest »

Saturnize wrote:If You're just going to make excuses for not helping Me then why post in My thread?
How was I being unhelpful? I told you how to fix Windows booting didn't I? That's not very grateful of you.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D