Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is there any documentation to MATE Applets?

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
prppedro

Is there any documentation to MATE Applets?

#1 Post by prppedro »

Good afternoon,

Is there any documented API for developing an MATE Applet? I googled, but I couldn't find any guide or solid documentation. Where should I start? Mate-applets on Github are written in C, but I bet that is because they compile alongside the mate-panel core. There seems to be applets made in Python. But I don't know which methods to use or callbacks for the GUI.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Att.,
t.r.p.
Linux User #457653

My PC specs: a bunch of old Intel chips, some memory, a just good enough GPU. I guess it ran Crysis, though UPS didn't quite like it.

In my experience, there's no such thing as Year of Linux...

antechdesigns

Re: Is there any documentation to MATE Applets?

#2 Post by antechdesigns »

I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATE_%28software%29

Might get you started, lots of links to other documentation

prppedro

Been there, did that

#3 Post by prppedro »

antechdesigns wrote:I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATE_%28software%29

Might get you started, lots of links to other documentation
I took a glare upon those references. But the whole documentation seems to be pretty incompleting regarding this subject. GNOME 2 had a reasonably good documentation, but it's now dated, as MATE replaced bonoboo with DBUS hooks. Perhaps I can only "reverse engineer" the already existent applets. Unfortunatelly looks like there's no template.
Linux User #457653

My PC specs: a bunch of old Intel chips, some memory, a just good enough GPU. I guess it ran Crysis, though UPS didn't quite like it.

In my experience, there's no such thing as Year of Linux...