Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cairo-dock shortcuts not working

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
derul

Cairo-dock shortcuts not working

#1 Post by derul »

Hi,

I'm running a fresh install of Jessie (Linux debian-main 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.39-1+deb8u2 (2017-03-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux) with gnome 3.14.0.

I installed cairo-dock following the instructions from their official site (https://glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=From ... ry&lang=en) for debian with no issues, or errors.

Now, when I click on the shortcuts icon I get: "No disks or bookmarks were found". In the edit/configuration window of the applet, both "list drives and volumes" and "list bookmarks" are checked (gnome files -nautilus- lists both drives and bookmarks on the left column)

I have also noticed that the Quick browser applet is not working properly as nothing happens when I click "open this folder" (on every option).

Any ideas?
Thanks

Thorny

Re: Cairo-dock shortcuts not working

#2 Post by Thorny »

derul wrote:I installed cairo-dock following the instructions from their official site (https://glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=From ... ry&lang=en) for debian with no issues, or errors.

Now, when I click on the shortcuts icon I get: "No disks or bookmarks were found". In the edit/configuration window of the applet, both "list drives and volumes" and "list bookmarks" are checked (gnome files -nautilus- lists both drives and bookmarks on the left column)

I have also noticed that the Quick browser applet is not working properly as nothing happens when I click "open this folder" (on every option).

Any ideas?
You have made the choice to install software from a repository that is not part of Debian. When you have a problem with it, doesn't it make more sense to ask at the website where you found it?

The "official" website you mention does have a forum and a wiki.

derul

#3 Post by derul »

Thanks for the reply.
I used a repository that is not part of debian as it was recommended by the developers to give a cleaner installation, nevertheless the first thing I tried was to:
purge the package
delete all the config files and relevant files using locate
remove the specific repository from sources list
clean autoclean autoremove update
and reinstall it

Again no issues or errors, got the same version of cairo-dock and the problem remained.

Thorny

#4 Post by Thorny »

Sorry, I don't have a clue about cairo-dock because I've never installed or used it, not even sure I've ever seen it. It doesn't appear that anyone else reading posts here has anything further to offer.

If I was trying to solve the issue I think I would still try the question at the official website, they should understand their software. Only other option seems to be wait here and see if someone familiar with the dock happens along.

dcihon

#5 Post by dcihon »

Try Docky instead of Cairo

derul

#6 Post by derul »

Thanks for the replies.
I have also posted the question in cairo-dock forums and waiting.
I am familiar with docky, but it lacks some features I like in cairo.

derul

#7 Post by derul »

This is what I get when I start it from terminal:

warning : (/tmp/buildd/cairo-dock-3.4.0/src/implementations/cairo-dock-egl.c:gldi_register_egl_backend:232)
Cairo-Dock was not built with EGL support
warning : (/tmp/buildd/cairo-dock-3.4.0/src/implementations/cairo-dock-glx.c:_initialize_opengl_backend:129)
couldn't find an appropriate visual, trying to get one without Stencil buffer
(it may cause some little deterioration in the rendering) ...

Cairo-Dock version : 3.4.0
Compiled date : Oct 23 2014 14:02:22
Built with GTK : 3.14
Running with OpenGL: 1

sh: 1: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cairo-dock/cairo-dock-launcher-API-daemon: not found
cairo_dock_create_surface_from_image_simple: assertion 'cImageFile != NULL' failed
warning : (/build/cairo-dock-plug-ins-T7EC9q/cairo-dock-plug-ins-3.4.0/shortcuts/src/applet-drives.c:cd_shortcuts_list_drives:321)
couldn't detect any drives
warning : (/build/cairo-dock-plug-ins-T7EC9q/cairo-dock-plug-ins-3.4.0/shortcuts/src/applet-load-icons.c:cd_shortcuts_build_shortcuts_from_data:310)
Shortcuts : can't monitor bookmarks
_get_desktop_bg_surface: assertion 'iRootPixmapID != 0' failed
warning : (/build/cairo-dock-plug-ins-T7EC9q/cairo-dock-plug-ins-3.4.0/switcher/src/applet-load-icons.c:cd_switcher_load_desktop_bg_map_surface:197)
couldn't get the wallpaper