Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is it ok to provide a link to the .deb files for Infinality?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
pritesh_ugrankar

Is it ok to provide a link to the .deb files for Infinality?

#1 Post by pritesh_ugrankar »

Respected Forum Members,

I'm returning back to Debian after trying other distros based on Debian. Love the real Debian.

I've recently created .deb packages for the Infinality fonts after going through https://github.com/cmpitg/infinality-debian-package. Note that I'm on 64 bit Debian Jessie and kernel 4.9

Code: Select all

:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie)
Release:	8.7
Codename:	jessie
:~$ cat /etc/debian_version 
:~$ 

Code: Select all

:~$ uname -a
Linux debian 4.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.13-1~bpo8+1 (2017-02-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Just wanted to know if it's ok to provide the links to the files here on the forums?
This is my first post so please pardon me if I've posted it in the wrong forum.
Regards,
Pritesh

stevepusser

Re: Is it ok to provide a link to the .deb files for Infinal

#2 Post by stevepusser »

It's OK to post links, but since you haven't built up any reputation on this forum, people are just likely to be wary of installing a random set of packages from a first time poster. It's not saying anything bad about you, it's just that nobody knows you here and no one can be sure if your package might not contain malware.

There was already a repository that hosted infinality packages for Jessie by a long-time poster, I don't know if he took those down in favor of Freetype 2.7.1, though, since that offers much of the same improvements.
MX Linux packager and developer

pritesh_ugrankar

#3 Post by pritesh_ugrankar »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Pritesh

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

doesn't this already contain everything? doesn't look too complicated to me...
if you want to pre-build the package for the convenience of potential users, it has to be architecture-specific, no?
also, have you tried doing that by contributing to the repo, i.e. asking the maintainer to include your pre-built packages?