Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

window not responding[SOLVED]

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Noldoran

window not responding[SOLVED]

#1 Post by Noldoran »

Hello
I recently instelld debian 9 stretch and after the installation i keep getting Window unresponsive like the image above and its so annoying if someone know how to fix it? thanks.
Last edited by Noldoran on 2017-04-06 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Noldoran

Re: window not responding

#2 Post by Noldoran »

its happening to every window that i'm opening after some sort of time the window is stopping responding.

cronoik

#3 Post by cronoik »

This is Xfce and thunar right? Please start thunar via terminal and post the whole output after you terminate it due to the error.
Have a nice day!

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

are you suggesting this started happening straight after installation?
what installation image did you use? link to .iso, please.
did you install ANYTHING after that?

this does not look like it's part of a standard debian install (stating the obvious here).

Noldoran

#5 Post by Noldoran »

cronoik wrote:This is Xfce and thunar right? Please start thunar via terminal and post the whole output after you terminate it due to the error.
Yes cronoik its Xfce and its thunar i will do that you told me once it happening i will keep you posted.
debiman wrote:are you suggesting this started happening straight after installation?

this does not look like it's part of a standard debian install (stating the obvious here).
Here is the link where i downloaded the .iso http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/stret ... 64/iso-cd/
And i click on debian-stretch-DI-rc2-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

Noldoran wrote:
debiman wrote:are you suggesting this started happening straight after installation?

Here is the link where i downloaded the .iso http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/stret ... 64/iso-cd/
And i click on debian-stretch-DI-rc2-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso
once again:
three questions asked, only one answered. :roll:

Noldoran

#7 Post by Noldoran »

cronoik wrote:This is Xfce and thunar right? Please start thunar via terminal and post the whole output after you terminate it due to the error.
thank you for your help it was a certain file that causing that problem thanks to your advise in terminal showed up the problem and that file that caused it i remove it and since then didn't lagged out.